Appvance adds New Relic APM Testing to PerformanceCloud
Continuous simulated user load gets to the root cause of app performance issues faster
San Jose, CA April 22, 2014 – Appvance Inc., a leader in app performance testing, announced the addition of Application Performance Management (APM) integration with New Relic in Appvance PerformanceCloud, its third generation cloud testing platform that combines functional, performance, stress, load tests and monitoring, with New Relic.
“Our customers have requested this new capability we call Proactive APM,” said Kevin Surace, CEO at Appvance. “Before this, APM was most useful once an app launched, the app delivered a poor end-user experience, and was flagged by New Relic. Proactive APM gives business managers, engineers, and testers a way to anticipate the end-user experience while the app is under development, then compare simulated user performance to real user performance once the app launches. This allows for instant diagnoses when there are production issues, by comparing expected transaction times with potential issues. If you are already using New Relic, you’ll want to add Appvance PerformanceCloud to your app development and testing environment.”
Appvance PerformanceCloud (APC) is the first beginning-to-end test system which accurately drives 100% of the actual user interactions, even with complex HTML5 and AJAX client-side code. APC has had a monitoring capability to correlate resource – CPU, Network, Memory, and other aspects of performance – to app end-user experiences. Adding integration with New Relic helps surface and pinpoint app end-user performance issues and functional issues in Web apps, Ajax apps, Mobile (iOS/Android), and Oracle Forms apps more easily and more accurately.
The new features include:
- Integrated New Relic Monitoring to App Server, DB Server, Load Balancer, Node.js Server
- Quickly create Benchmarks to App Performance for DevOps and Engineers
- Live Web-based Results, Drill Downs to Request/Response Level As The Tests Run
- Analysis From Simulated Use Of Your App to CPU, Net, Memory, DB Query Analysis
- Use New Relic Application Performance Management For Deeper Root Cause Analysis
- 85 Reports from Results Repository for App Functional and Performance Analysis
- Define Appvance PerformanceCloud Integration To Any New Relic Report
- Select An App Transaction, see New Relic Report on Server, App, DB
- Runs AWS Cloud, Private Grid datacenter, or Both
- Compatible with Selenium, JMeter, Sahi, Appium, Java, PHP, Perl Tests
- Data driven tests and analysis from live operational test data sources
About Appvance Inc.
Appvance is the leader in proof of performance and security-performance for mobile and social apps for large enterprises. Using Appvance software and services, developers, IT managers and brand executives are confident their apps will perform and be secure even under the stress of large events and campaigns. Appvance PerformanceCloud with patent-pending uxAvatar technology finds app problems and security holes other platforms miss. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Appvance is a venture-backed company led by a team of experienced technology executives.
Appvance, uxAvatar and PerformanceCloud are trademarks of Appvance Inc.
New Relic is a registered trademark of New Relic, Inc. See http://www.newrelic.com