Appvance adds Akamai Edge Cache Testing to PerformanceCloud
New Features Target Potential Issues and Bottlenecks in Edge Caching Configuration Before and After Launch
San Jose, CA May 8, 2014 – Appvance Inc., a leader in automated app performance testing, announced the addition of Akamai Edge Cache Testing in Appvance PerformanceCloud (APC), the first 3rd generation cloud testing platform that combines functional, performance, stress, load tests and monitoring, with Akamai, the leader in Web and mobile app scalability technology to enable the world’s leading enterprises and government agencies to extend and control their e-business infrastructure.
“Apps today use complex production configurations which often include edge caching to deliver fast response to users,” said Alan Rodriguez. “While Director of Scalability and Performance at Tribal Worldwide, we built SuperBowl-level highly scalable apps that deliver excellent end-user experiences every time. Testing Akamai Edge Cache configuration for performance and scalability with Appvance PerformanceCloud is easy, rapid, and affordable. I depend on Appvance PerformanceCloud for beginning to end testing…all the way to the edge when there is no room for failure.”
Large enterprises depend on Appvance to analyze Akamai Edge Cache performance by directing virtual (simulated) user traffic equally to up to dozens of Akamai regions concurrently. Appvance uses an advanced allotment technology to access the Akamai load balancing of the regions, including North America, Europe, and Asia.
The new features include:
- Automatic checking of accuracy and consistency in Akamai configurations, the major obstacle to app performance and scalability
- Compares Akamai Cache performance to app origin server performance
- Logs Akamai Edge Cache HTTP header responses to Appvance results repository: Customer name, region identifier, and cache hit/miss
- Integrated Monitoring to App Servers, DB Servers, Load Balancers, Node.js Servers
- Quickly create Akamai Edge Cache Benchmarks to App Performance for DevOps and Engineers
- Live Web-based Results, Drill Downs to Request/Response Level As The Tests Run
- Application Performance Management For Deeper Root Cause Analysis
- 85 Reports from Results Repository for App Functional and Performance Analysis
- Runs in Amazon, IBM SoftLayer, Rackspace, Savvis (CenturyLink), corporate private grid (behind your firewall), or both
- Compatible with Selenium, JMeter, Sahi, Appium, Java, PHP, Perl Tests
- Data driven tests and analysis from live operational test data sources across Akamai network
About Appvance Inc.
Appvance is the leader in proof of performance and security-performance for mobile and social apps for large enterprises. Using Appvance software and services, developers, IT managers and brand executives are confident their apps will perform and be secure even under the stress of large events and campaigns. Appvance PerformanceCloud with patent-pending uxAvatar technology finds app problems and security holes other platforms miss in 1/5th the time of older tools. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Appvance is a venture-backed company led by a team of experienced technology executives.
Akamai is a registered trademark of Akamai, Inc.
Appvance, PerformanceCloud and uxAvatar are trademarks of Appvance Inc.